1. One win changes everything: The Giants looked like a team whose season had imploded; one win over the Panthers later, they're in control of the NFC Wild Card – and control their own destiny.
2. Oops, Vince Young did it again: Another game, another thrilling win for the Titans rookie. This time, he bolted for a 39-yard game-winning TD run in OT to win his
3. Forget what you know, Part 1: Think the Colts are the team to beat in the AFC? Not after they allowed a franchise record 375 rushing yards in a 44-17 loss to the Jags. If Jones-Drew and Fred Taylor can run on them at will, what can LaDainian do in the playoffs?
4. Forget what you know, Part 2: Think the Pats have some magic playoff formula up their sleeve? Not after they were blanked by the Dolphins, in what was arguably the worst offensive performance of the Belichick Era, setting season lows in total yards and first downs. Tom Brady was sacked four times and threw for a whopping 78 yards.
5. Odds and Ends: With it's fourth win in a row, the Bengals look like the AFC Wild Card team to beat... Who had Chris Weinke starting for their fantasy team?... I'll say it again: What does it say about Donovan McNabb's value when Jeff Garcia can lead the Eagles to the playoffs?... I think the Chiefs, losing at home to the Ravens, just lost their last chance at making the playoffs... Just when Jets fans start to look beyond "moral victory," they suffer "crappy defeat"... Let's not confuse one decent game/win by Brett Favre over the 49ers as a "renaissance"... Sure, the Seahawks did quite a bit to lose the game, as much as the Cards did to win it, but for 'Zona, progress is progress... Now, I *know* you didn't start Artose Pinner on your fantasy team.
Comments Question: Add your own intriguing observations in the Comments section. I'm quite sure they'll be more intriguing than mine, but that's why I think you all rule.