A few thoughts this morning. More later today:
(1) The Tigers' turnaround is one of the Top 3 baseball storylines of the decade.
(2) The Mets' pitching issues are catching up with them. All that means is that Zito or Schmidt will be even more overpaid or that the Marlins will bring in a huge haul for Dontrelle Willis.
(3) Florida just killed me last night. More on this later.
(4) USC may be undefeated and they can say "a win is a win" all they want, but there is still no indication that they deserve to be the No. 2 team in the country. (Even though I'm quite sure they will be when the first BCS comes out later today.)
(5) Steve Lyons is a d-bag.
(6) That Miami-FIU brawl was one of the wildest I've ever seen in college football - hell, or any sport. Did you see that guy swing his helmet like a hammer? How about all that kicking? You stay classy, 'Canes.