Let's recount the size of the chip that Matt Leinart should have on his shoulder right now:
(1) Didn't win a second Heisman.
(In fact, he wasn't even the best QB in college football last year.)
(2) Didn't win a second nat'l title.
(In fact, his team was exposed as overrated chokers.)
(3) Blew chance to be No. 1 overall pick of the 2005 NFL Draft.
(In fact, he dropped all the way to double-digits.)
(4) Earned national scorn with contract holdout.
(In fact, he was the last first-rounder to sign.)
(5) Skanked around with Paris Hilton.
(Slumber parties made him gossip fodder.)
(6) Future father of bastardized child.
(Coulda been worse: Coulda been Paris.)
OK, if this guy doesn't come out, guns blazing, using this chance to SHUT EVERYONE UP, he's an even bigger clod than the above-mentioned evidence suggests he is.
His karma was SO good...
Then SO bad...
So he's SO due for a huge debut as starter.